The high death toll of Dnipro.. and London promises Kyiv combat tanks
ARK News… Officials on Sunday revealed that the death toll from a Russian missile attack on the Ukrainian city of Dnipro had risen to 18, while Britain said last night that it would soon send a squadron of its main battle tanks to support Ukraine's defenses.
The governor of the Dnepropetrovsk region in central-eastern Ukraine said early Sunday that 73 people had been injured and 40 had been taken to hospital.
The Supreme Military Command in Ukraine announced yesterday that Russia launched three air strikes, 57 missile strikes, and carried out 69 attacks with heavy weapons, yesterday, Saturday. Ukrainian forces shot down 26 missiles.
Infrastructure damage
Officials have warned that the strikes hit critical infrastructure in the capital, Kyiv, and elsewhere, straitening energy supplies in the capital and large parts of the country in the coming days.
As ground fighting continued in eastern Ukraine, Britain followed France and Poland in pledging more weapons to Ukraine, saying it would send 14 of its Challenger 2 main battle tanks as well as artillery support in the coming weeks.
It is noteworthy that more than 30 people were missing, after a Russian missile strike destroyed part of a residential building in the city of Dnipro, in the south of the country.
Rescue workers worked into the night searching for people under the rubble of the building that was bombed on Saturday.
342
