The ARK Foundation publishes additional details about the deaths of three people in conscription camps

Dec 21 2022

ARK News... On the sixth anniversary of the martyrdom of Izzat Muhammad Khalil, 67, Abdo Muhammad Habash, 52, and Mohsen Muhammad, 42, in the camps of the PYD administration, Doghan Khalil Izzat, son of the martyr Izzat, said that P.K.K. The terrorist is the one who assassinated the three martyrs.

Doghan Khalil said that the PKK organization systematically planned to assassinate them, and they had received threats before they were taken to one of the compulsory recruitment camps in the village of Tal Ajar in the Izaz region, adjacent to Afrin. On the day they were taken to the camp, they announced that they had been burnt to death in one of the tents.

He added that the gunmen raided many times the village of Barbane in the Rajo town in Afrin in Syrian Kurdistan to drive them into compulsory conscription, knowing that their ages are not entitled to serve the conscription, and they became victims of their walking on the path of the immortal Barzani, and the crime is not the first, as Afrin witnessed massacres and similar crimes, such as the massacre of Sheikh Hanan and others.

He confirmed that the PYD and PKK officials are responsible for the martyrdom of the three people and they have not made a confession or made any statement so far other than claiming that the crime was unplanned at the time, adding, "It is not reasonable for three people to be martyred in one tent, without one of the guards present there seeking to offering a helping hand and rescuing one of them from the burnt tent.”

Doghan continued, "The martyrdom of all Muhammad Khalil, Abdo Muhammad Habash, and Mohsen Muhammad, was targeted in a deliberate, systematic, and retaliatory manner, because of their refusal to obey their instructions and join the compulsory service. Before committing the crime, they always frequented the village to withdraw the three members who are basically above the legal age for service.", to compulsory conscription, and despite that and the continuous refusal, they were taken to the camps to perform compulsory service," noting, "because of their belonging to the Barzani approach, they were targeted in that camp at the time."

Doghan explained that they, as a family, demanded the funeral of the three members, so that they bury their martyrs in the cemetery of their village in Barbane. The authorities in the PYD administration refused to hand them over, and they buried the three martyrs, on 20/12/2016, in a cemetery far from the village.

The son of the martyr called on the families to refuse to hand over their sons to the compulsory conscription camps so that they would not suffer the same fate. He also called on the PYD administration to recognize the crime and bring the perpetrators to justice, saying, "We are proud of our three martyrs, for they are the martyrs of the Kurdistan Democratic Party - Syria."

329